Source: International Business Times
The Israeli army continues to maintain five fortified positions in south Lebanon one year after a ceasefire with Hezbollah, according to satellite images analysed by AFP. The November 27, 2024 truce required Israel to fully withdraw troops from Lebanon within 60 days and Hezbollah to pull forces north of the Litani River.
Wednesday, November 26, 2025
Lebanon’s Audit Bureau on Tuesday issued a judicial decision holding several former ministers accountable for financial irregularities related to the leasing and management of the Qassabian building, a government-owned property in Beirut. The decision, communicated to the Secretariat General of Parliament, names former ministers Nicolas Sehnaoui, Boutros Harb, Jamal Jarrah, Mohammad Shukeir, Talal Hawat, and Johnny Qorm.
Tuesday, November 25, 2025
Since August, the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) have been under instructions from their government to present—by year’s end—a plan to bring all weapons in the country under state control. The directive is mainly targeted at Hezbollah, the Shia-led militia that had in recent years grown more powerful than the national army. Yet for decades, Lebanon’s myriad sectarian groups have flaunted state sovereignty by operating militias of their own. As such, the government’s latest move, which was taken under the auspices of the United States, exposes the yawning gap between ambition and capacity. After it was announced, four Shiite ministers walked out of the cabinet session and Hezbollah denounced the measure as a “grave sin.” Not surprisingly, the roadmap that was submitted in early September lacked any credible timeline or enforcement mechanism.
Friday, November 21, 2025
After Syrian President Ahmad Al Shara’s successful recent visit to Washington, many Lebanese wondered what it meant for their country. They may have recalled what the US envoy Tom Barrack said last July, speaking of the Lebanese: “I honestly think that they are going to say ‘the world will pass us by’. Why? You have Israel on one side, you have Iran on the other, and now you have Syria manifesting itself so quickly that if Lebanon doesn’t move, it’s going to be Bilad Al Sham again.”
Wednesday, November 19, 2025
PSV Eindhoven felt they should have taken more from Tuesday's Champions League away clash against Juventus where they conceded a late goal to go down 2-1 in the first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie on Tuesday.
Wednesday, February 12, 2025
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says the club expects to learn the outcome of the hearing into its 115 charges of alleged Premier League financial rule breaches "in one month".
Saturday, February 8, 2025
Monday 27 December 2021 17:57:32
Three-time kickboxing world champion Frederic Sinistra died of COVID-19 last week after he attempted to treat the virus at home.
The 41-year-old Belgian kickboxer, nicknamed "The Undertaker," was admitted to the hospital in late November after his coach, Carolo Yigin Osman, threatened to leave him if he did not seek treatment for his COVID-19 infection, newspaper Sudinfo reported.
"A warrior never abdicates! I will come back even stronger," Sinistra said in a Nov. 27 post on Instagram, which included a photo of the athlete on the hospital bed of an intensive care unit.
Sinistra, an unvaccinated COVID-19 denier who reportedly once called the disease a "little virus," voluntarily discharged himself from the hospital and opted to treat his sickness at his home in Liege with oxygen.
He believed his relatively young age and physical condition would be enough to protect himself from the COVID-19 symptoms, according to a report by Vice.
"I was born premature and I will continue to fight to the death like a man without ever giving up and dying without regrets," Sinistra said in another social media post before leaving the hospital.
However, Sinistra died at around 10 a.m. on Dec. 15. He is survived by his partner and two children.
Fabian Pavone, Sinistra's former coach, described the kickboxer as a "monument" and "force of nature with a heart of gold" whose death could have been avoided.
"He was a golden guy. I will never forget him. He was the strongest in Belgium in the heavyweight category," Jordan Sferrazza, one of Sinistra's friends, said.
A little over 90% of Belgium's adult population has received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, Reuters said, citing data provided by the country's Sciensano national public health institute.
Thousands of protesters marched on the nation's capital of Brussels for a third time on Sunday after new COVID-19 restrictions were imposed by the government to counter a spike in infections as the omicron variant of the virus spread across Europe.
Belgium has reported a total of 2,017,447 COVID-19 infections and 28,035 deaths since the pandemic began, data from Johns Hopkins University showed.

Join our kataeb.org Whatsapp Group
CLICK HERE
