Source: Sky Sports

The official website of the Kataeb Party leader
The Israeli military said Wednesday it had withdrawn a reconnaissance unit from the Golani Brigade from the area of Beaufort Castle in southern Lebanon after about 50 days of operations, even as Defense Minister Israel Katz said Israeli forces were preparing for a long-term presence in what he described as security zones in Lebanon, Syria and Gaza.
Thursday, August 13, 2026
Lebanon's parliament on Wednesday approved a general amnesty law, potentially benefiting thousands of prisoners and wanted people, in the first legislation of its kind since 1991, as lawmakers also advanced reforms to the country's banking sector.
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
US President Donald Trump has bluntly signaled, several times, that he would encourage a military intervention in Lebanon by the forces of Syrian President Ahmad Al-Sharaa. His logic seems to be that in the same way Al-Sharaa’s forces succeeded in toppling Bashar Assad and his regime in Syria, who had support from Hezbollah fighters, they could also defeat Hezbollah in Lebanon. However, any Syrian intervention in Lebanon would be disastrous, with an even worse outcome than the decades-long military occupation by the former Assad regime.
Friday, July 31, 2026
Most Lebanese hope to escape their difficult circumstances, and they can hardly be blamed for that. They have every right to build on any glimmer of hope and to wager on any opportunity, however risky.
Sunday, July 26, 2026
Lebanese President Joseph Aoun informed FIFA President Gianni Infantino of his approval to grant him Lebanese citizenship on Tuesday, the head of the Lebanese Football Association told AFP.
Wednesday, November 26, 2025
Portugal defeated Spain in penalty kicks 5- 3 to win the UEFA Nations League final late on Sunday after both sides failed to score in extra time following a showdown that ended 2-2.
Monday, June 9, 2025
Friday 1 March 2024 13:59:53
Formula 1 chief executive Stefano Domenicali and FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem are to meet on Friday to discuss the investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour against Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.
Horner reiterated his denial of allegations of inappropriate behaviour after material purporting to be the alleged evidence in the investigation into his conduct was leaked on Thursday during the second practice session at the Bahrain GP.
On Wednesday, Red Bull GmbH, the parent company of Formula 1's reigning constructors' champions, had announced the grievance made against Horner by a female colleague had been dismissed. The claimant retains the right to appeal.
Horner denied the allegations throughout the process and remained in his dual roles of team principal and chief executive while the external investigation was carried out by a specialist barrister.
Horner continues to be in the paddock ahead of the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix after saying he would not add to the statement he gave on Thursday.
With Horner present for the second practice session in Bahrain, material purporting to be the alleged evidence in the investigation was leaked to numerous media organisations and F1 team principals from an anonymous email account.
Later on Thursday evening, a team spokesperson read a statement from Horner to gathered media at the Bahrain International Circuit. The spokesperson said the statement was "not representative of Red Bull Racing".
"I won't comment on anonymous speculation but to reiterate, I have always denied the allegations," the statement said.
"I respected the integrity of the independent investigation and fully cooperated with it every step of the way. It was a thorough and fair investigation conducted by an independent specialist barrister and it has concluded dismissing the complaint made.
"I remain fully focused on the start of the season."
Red Bull GmbH's statement said that it was confident the external investigation had been "fair, rigorous and impartial".
The Austrian company added: "The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned."
On Thursday morning, Horner had given his first interview since the allegations had been dismissed, telling Sky Sports News that he was "pleased that the process is over" and that the team was "focused on the season ahead".
The investigation into the allegations against Horner have dominated the build-up to the new F1 season, overshadowing the start of Red Bull's defence of the constructors' title and Max Verstappen's quest for a fourth successive drivers' crown.
Before the leak of the alleged investigation material, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff and McLaren's Zak Brown had earlier on Thursday called on Formula 1 and the FIA to review the Red Bull investigation.
Mercedes team principal Wolff said: "Well I just read the statement, which was pretty basic, I would say.
"My personal opinion is we can't really look behind the curtain. At the end of the day, there is a lady in an organisation that has spoken to HR and said there is an issue. It was investigated and yesterday the sport has received a message, 'it's all fine. We've looked at it.'
"And I believe that with the aspirations as a global sport, on such critical topics, it needs more transparency and I wonder what the sport's position is.
"We are competitors, we are a team and we can have our own personal opinions or not, but it's more like a general reaction or action that we as a sport need to assess what is right in that situation and what is wrong."
McLaren chief executive Brown had joined Wolff during last week's pre-season testing in calling for transparency and urgency with the investigation, and this time said that more information was required for the sport to "be able to draw a line under" the situation.
"I read this statement. I think from what I've seen there continues to be a lot of rumours and speculation, questions," Brown said.
"I think the sanctioning body has a responsibility and authority to our sport, to our officials. I think all of us in Formula 1 are ambassadors for the sport on and off the track, like you see in other sports, and so I think they need to make sure that things have been fully transparent with them.
"And I don't know what those conversations are and that needs to be thorough, fully transparent, and that they come to the same conclusion that has been given by Red Bull, and that they've agreed with the outcome.
"But I think until then, there'll continue to be speculation because there are a lot of unanswered questions about the whole process.
"So I think that's what's needed by those that run the sport to really be able to draw a line under it. Until then, I think there'll continue to be some level of speculation by people and I don't think that's healthy for the sport."
Formula 1 released a statement on February 18 urging Red Bull to clarify the situation at the earliest possible opportunity, while the sport's governing body, the FIA, a day later said that it would not comment until the investigation was concluded.
Neither Formula 1 or the FIA had made any further comment on Red Bull's investigation into the allegations against Horner at the time of his statement on Thursday evening.
Horner has been in charge of Red Bull Racing since it formed in 2005 and has led the squad to seven drivers' titles and six constructors' triumphs in 19 seasons.
He attended an interview on February 9 with the external specialist barrister carrying out the investigation, but no resolution on the matter was reached at that stage.
Attending the team's car launch six days later at their Milton Keynes base, Horner addressed the media for the first time after the allegations had become public, and reiterated his denial.
He also spoke in the team bosses' press conference during pre-season testing on February 23 before Red Bull GmbH cleared Horner after allegations of inappropriate behaviour made against him.
Having returned the UK after testing, Horner flew back out to Bahrain on Wednesday ahead of the opening sessions of the season on Thursday ahead of Saturday's race.

The official website of the Kataeb Party leader

