Source: Kataeb.org

The official website of the Kataeb Party leader
Tuesday 1 April 2025 14:10:56
Israel's Foreign Minister, Gideon Sa’ar, called on Lebanon to take immediate action against "terrorist" groups operating within its borders following the Israeli airstrike that killed a senior Hezbollah operative.
The strike, which took place overnight, targeted Hassan Bdair, a member of Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force, whom Israel accused of coordinating imminent terror attacks against Israeli civilians with Hamas.
In a press conference for foreign media, Sa’ar emphasized that Lebanon must act decisively to dismantle the terrorist organizations operating in the country, warning that such groups pose a direct threat to Israel.
"We expect Lebanon to take action to uproot terrorist organizations acting within its borders against Israel," he said.
Sa’ar further claimed that the attack demonstrated a collaboration between Iran, Hezbollah, and Hamas on Lebanese soil to orchestrate attacks against Israel.
"What we saw here is cooperation between Iran, Hezbollah, and Hamas on the soil of Lebanon in order to initiate terrorist attacks against Israelis," he said.
The Israeli army, Shin Bet, and Mossad issued a joint statement confirming that Bdair had been actively directing Hamas operatives to carry out a "significant and imminent terror attack" targeting Israeli civilians. The agencies described Bdair as a key figure in the Iranian-backed network operating in Lebanon.
"Israel will continue to remove any threat to our citizens," Sa’ar concluded, reiterating his country's commitment to safeguarding its population against such threats.